- Sildenafil is the active ingredient in Viagra® and Revatio®.
- Sildenafil 20 mg tablets are available generically at a significantly lower cost than Viagra® or even the generic strengths of Viagra®.
- Comparatively Sildenafil 20mg would be available in quantities of 100 for approximately $80 while a prescription for 10 tablets of Sildenafil 100mg will cost nearly $300 dollars.
- In order to have your doctor order this medication they must write a prescription as sildenafil 20mg tablets with the instructions of take 2-5 tablets as needed prior to sexual activity.
- Your Doctor may call, fax, or mail a hard copy to use; otherwise a physical prescription carried by the patient would be sufficient.
- Why is sildenafil 20mg so much more affordable?
- Sildenafil 20mg is the generic equivalent to a brand name medication called Revatio® 20mg. Revatio® 20mg was able to obtain a patent for Sildenafil 20mg where Viagra® was able to obtain a patent for 25mg, 50mg, and 100mg.
- These brand name medications of Viagra® and Revatio® have the exact same active ingredients but differ in milligram strength. Revatio® 20mg lost its brand name patent and generics have been available for years. This is why Sildenafil 20mg is significantly more affordable than brand name Viagra® even though they are the same active ingredient. This holds true for the generic sildenafil with the strengths Viagra® came in, as the manufacturers still charge more for the same ingredient despite not having the brand name.
Sildenafil Requires a prescription like the example above.